Your rates include a General Rate and Environmental Levy. Each of these are made up of two parts:
- a base charge, which is the same for all ratepayers
- a variable 'rate in the dollar' amount that is based on your land value, which has been calculated by the NSW Valuer General.
These amounts are shown on your Rates and Charges Notice. Your notices also includes any other annual charges you incur, such as water, sewerage and garbage collection.
Special rate variation
In 2016, Council received a Special Rate Variation of 6.5%. The variation is applied to the General Rate for residential, farmland and businesses.
The Environmental Levy is increased only by the rate pegging amount that is set by the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART), which is 2.4%.
- Find out more about Eurobodalla's rate variation.
- See what projects are funded by the variation.
- Visit IPART's website to find out more about rate pegging and how much councils may increase rates.
If you are eligible for the Pensioner Rebate it will be shown on your Rates and Charges Notice.
If it is not on your notice but you think you might be eligible for the rebate, please phone our Rates Hotline on 02 4474 1355.
You can pay for your rates, water and Council invoices online, over the phone, in person, or by direct debit.
If you have questions about your rates, please phone our Rates Hotline:
- T: 02 4474 1355
Find out how your rates are calculated and what they pay for: